Welcome

logo

Set in the heart of Wales, this beautiful five-star, two-rosette restaurant with rooms started life as a Georgian country residence built in 1725. It was a Summer retreat for Sir and Lady Marchant Williams, he being an eminent Victorian MP and stipendiary Judge.

Part of the adjoining building was used as the architects / engineers drawing office during the construction of the Elan Valley reservoirs.

Upon completion of the dams, the building was taken down and rebuilt for Sir Marchant Williams as a games room, accessed through the current restaurant/kitchen room.

The Dawsons celebrated 10 years at The Drawing Room in 2013.

The Drawing Room is proud to be approved by the Boutique Hotel specialists Mr and Mrs Smith and holds a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor.